Moretti Pinot Noir, Machado Vineyard Sta. Rita Hills
This is our first Pinot Noir from this vineyard which is planted to a very special clone – the Mt. Eden Clone. This is probably the oldest clone of Pinot Noir in California, originally brought over from the best of the Louis Latour vineyards in the 1880s. It has similar characteristics to the Pommard clone – deep, dark and smooth. This vintage spent 16 months in oak (15% new, 85% neutural.) The resulting wine expresses the best of the Sta. Rita Hills.
Food Pairing Recommendation: Antonio’s Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Chop: Parsley, small clove of garlic, oregano, rosemary, sage, and thyme
- Add breadcrumbs and mix in a small bowl
- Add a small amount of extra virgin olive oil
- Lightly pound the mixed ingredients into the lamb
- Cook for 35-40 minutes until medium rare (125 – 130 degrees), or to taste.
Enjoy with Moretti Pinot Noir, Machado Vineyard Sta. Rita Hills!